Pottermore joining PlayStation Home

News
Posted by: Catherine
March 18, 2013, 05:49 PM

In April, Pottermore will be joining PlayStation Home--Sony's online gaming component to PlayStation3. In this exciting, new version of Pottermore, players will be able to explore "well-known locations" from Harry Potter as an avatar. Users will be able to step down Diagon Alley and onto the Hogwarts Express. Gamers can participate in a number of activities including: Wizard duels, "Book Herding", collecting trading cards, and shopping for wizard wear and companions. Players will be able to link their current Pottermore accounts to PlatStation Home using their PlayStation Network ID. With this, more interactive aspects will be accessible. Pottermore's press release states:

Pottermore and the development team at Sony have worked incredibly closely on this latest collaboration to ensure that the beautifully illustrated Moments on Pottermore.com were authentically transitioned into the virtual 3D gaming platform.

Charlie Redmayne, CEO of Pottermore comments: “Pottermore reaches across multiple digital platforms, and Sony’s partnership has allowed us to forge this exciting connection with PlayStation Home, creating the most immersive experience possible within that space and giving users wonderful new ways to explore locations from the Harry Potter stories.  Following the successful launch of Wonderbook: Book of Spells, this is another example of the creative collaborations Pottermore is developing to bring the world of Harry Potter even more ingeniously to life.”

Thank you to Pottermore for the notification! We cannot wait to see this advancement of Pottermore unfold.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Raven_avatar_thumb

I got that in an email today….

Posted by Won_Two on March 19, 2013, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I got an email too, I’m not interested in it but I’m sure that there will be plenty of people who will be quite excited by it.

On an unrelated topic, is anyone ever going to offer and explanation and an apology for the site being unavailable for days on end? No?

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 19, 2013, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I don’t have a PS3, but that sounds fun! I hope it comes to WiiU!

But I do agree with the above poster; atleast have an error message that says the servers are down, or whatever it was.

Posted by Mad But Happy on March 19, 2013, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

I agree with moglet. Please let us know about the ‘dustings’ before hand or at least put up the error message that moglet suggests…

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on March 19, 2013, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

Oops, sorry the message that Mad But happy suggests. That way we would still be, ‘mad but happy’!! XD

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on March 19, 2013, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Sorry about the dusting. The dusting is glitches in the system, that are evil and take over. we are trying to fix them, but it is difficult. It’s a surprise to us too at times when the site dusts. And dusting does mean that the servers are down.

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 19, 2013, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Sun2_thumb

Melissa keeps tweeting it is for updating. I wish we could just have the truth!! Thanks again Catherine for being honest with us. :)

Posted by DARKE: Antares Pyxis Black =:) ★ on March 20, 2013, 03:08 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I’m sorry, I was told that it was something in the system that was proving hard to fix…

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 20, 2013, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Hogshead_thumb

The strange thing about Dusting to me is that some of us could not login (9 days for me) but could still read the articles, some of us for 5 days, yet others were never kicked off at all. When our server at work needs to update, everyone must log out. When I worked in our IT (computer) department, there were DAILY issues with spam, hacking, popups, glitches, and required system updates. After 6 months, I couldn’t take all the hassles anymore and quit. Sounds as if most of us would prefer to see an explanation, rather than the cauldron and the Dusting notice?

Posted by PollyC on March 21, 2013, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Thanks Catherine, it’s much appreciated that you’ve offered us an explanation.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 22, 2013, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

Yes, thank-you Catherine and I agree with Polly, the message needs to be more informative than just ‘dusting’.

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on March 22, 2013, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I just got this email:

FYI guys, john and I have been making major moves on ‘new leaky’.”

I hope this brings everyone onto the same page, and clears up some miscommunication.

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 22, 2013, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Thanks Catherine, the info is greatly appreciated. I for one would be eternally grateful if that irritating “DH1 is Here!” notice would finally be retired after all this time… :+/

Posted by Won_Two on March 22, 2013, 08:26 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

I agree with Won_Two.

Posted by purplehogwarts on March 24, 2013, 03:42 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I agree with Won_Two. It’s as if Leaky Cauldron (just at tht spot) is stuck in a time warp. Please put something HP there. Not an advertisement please.

Posted by molly43 on April 06, 2013, 09:44 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Their ex-Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher pushed open the doors and moved toward them, wearing a long lilac dressing gown.[br]"Well, hello there!" he said. "I expect you'd like my autograph, would you?"[br]"Hasn't changed much, has he?" Harry muttere