First Four Chapters of "Chamber of Secrets" Open to All on Pottermore

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
July 11, 2012, 03:00 PM

The first four chapters of "Chamber of Secrets" are now open to all Pottermore users. Pottermore Insider reports:

There‚Äôs plenty to discover and enjoy. Read more exclusive writing from J.K. Rowling; view The Burrow for the first time and de-gnome the garden. Collect your second-year shopping list, find more Galleons and visit Diagon Alley, where all Pottermore students can now purchase their second-year school books.

The Chamber of Secrets is being launched in three installments; with the next installment following in the coming weeks.

Keep close to Leaky for all Pottermore updates!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

2013-07-19_113504_thumb

And apparently I am an idiot, I cannot figure out how in the world to throw the gnomes properly :(

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on July 11, 2012, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Me neither, and I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to do it.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 11, 2012, 03:16 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Glad it just isn’t me, I have given up for the day. Maybe see if my children can manage it, I definitely think parts of Pottermore are not designed for anyone over the age of 15.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on July 11, 2012, 03:36 PM report to moderator

the gnomes have to get thrown over the hedge on the right side of the garden, not the broken stone wall; let go of the mouse just as they’re pointed toward the hedge

Posted by lelly66 on July 11, 2012, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

OH MY GOSH! I MUST GO FANGIRL WHILE I AM EXPLORING THE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME!

Posted by Acciobrooms on July 11, 2012, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

lelly66, how many times did you have to whirl each one round before letting go? (I can’t believe I just wrote that sentence.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 11, 2012, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I don’t think it matters how many times you whirl the gnomes, but it’s all in the timing of letting go, it took me a few goes, but as lelly66 says just let go when they are pointing towards(of slightly above) the hedge. I had to have about 3 goes, I’m not very good at that sort of thing.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on July 11, 2012, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

OMG thank god im not the only one who cant get those stupid gnomes over the wall!!!

Posted by jennluvsharry on July 11, 2012, 05:34 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Duncan managed it for me and even volunteered to come do yours WeenyOwl and V-J if needed. He did it on the first try on his account and mine, I just decided that I was hopeless.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on July 11, 2012, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Can’t. Get. On.

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on July 11, 2012, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@WtbaW, how is Duncan’s Apparition these days?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 12, 2012, 02:14 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Thanks to all your excellent advice, I was able to de-gnome the garden. And I found the Floo Powder unaided!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 12, 2012, 05:11 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

cool so far.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 12, 2012, 05:35 AM report to moderator

I love how there is more sound effects and hidden animations and mini-games… Plus the bonus at the end for going back and starting over!

Posted by hogwarts-is-my-home on July 12, 2012, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I think I’ll wait till its complete…

Posted by Won_Two on July 12, 2012, 10:43 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Dream interpretation is a most important means of divining the future and one that may very probably be tested in your O.W.L. Not, of course, that I believe examination passes or failures are of the remotest importance when it comes to the sacred art of