"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Nominated for 3 Technical Oscars

Honors/Awards
Posted by: Stephanie_J
January 24, 2012, 08:43 AM

The nominations for the 84th Academy Awards were announced this morning. In the technical categories, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" came away with three nominations. They are:

Art Direction
Production Design: Stuart Craig; Set Decoration: Stephenie McMillan

Makeup
Edouard F. Henriques, Gregory Funk and Yolanda Toussieng

Visual Effects
Tim Burke, David Vickery, Greg Butler and John Richardson

Two former Potter actors were also recognized for their achievements this year. Gary Oldman (Sirius Black) was nominated in the Leading Actor category for his work in "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy," and Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart) for Supporting Actor in "My Week with Marilyn."

Congratulations to the Harry Potter crew for their nominations!

~*~
Special announcement: Leaky is looking for news editors! If you have what it takes, email us at news [at] the-leaky-cauldron [dot] org.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Honors/Awards News

I’m mad that Desplat didn’t even get a nomination for best original score for this movie. I was so sure he would, it’s absolutely amazing and it’s one of my favorites of the series. I’m very disappointed, and if the movie doesn’t win at least 1 of it’s nominations, I don’t believe I’ll be watching the Oscars anymore because they already messed up last year when it, again came to Best Original score and let “The social network” win

Posted by trumpetgirly545 on January 25, 2012, 01:15 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I hope they have a chance to win something at the Oscars!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 25, 2012, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Img_0283_thumb

Yeah! Congrats! I hope they win!

Posted by HermioneLunaHP on January 25, 2012, 06:42 AM report to moderator

How on earth was HP not nominated for best score?! I can understand why Hollywood overlooked DH2 for many things (even if I don’t like it) but the score by Alexandre Desplat was unbelievably breathtaking! It baffles me and I’m honestly truly dissapointed by this.

Posted by CloakKnight on January 26, 2012, 12:47 AM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

@ rettophantom_ I agree with your statement. Aside from the special effects, the movie fell short and that has a lot to do with the directing and writing. If BAFTA & the OSCARS recognize that the HP franchise deserves and award for their contribution to cinema that is wonderful but it was not just the OSCARS that snubbed HP. The Golden Globes and BAFTA did a pretty good job of letting WB know what they thought about the movie.
Alan Rickman – shame. Such a wonderful actor. Look, if he was not nominated for Sense and Sensibility (which he was fabulous in) Snape was not happening. Personally, it would have been nice. One character nominated would have been great.

Posted by sidnandragin on January 26, 2012, 01:48 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Not surpised on how little nominations they received. Though congrats tho those in the their respective categories. I do hope they win.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on January 26, 2012, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

The whole thing is a joke really…

Posted by Won_Two on January 26, 2012, 07:26 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

@won: agreed

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on January 28, 2012, 01:10 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Hope they did well :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 11, 2012, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Harry looked between them, then said, "Mrs. Weasley, you didn't believe that rubbish Rita Skeeter wrote in [i]Witch Weekly,[/i] did you? Because Hermione's not my girlfriend."[br]"Oh!" said Mrs. Weasley. "No -- of course I didn't!"[br]But she became consi

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014