Daniel Radcliffe Announces BAFTA Nominations, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Up for 4 Awards

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
January 17, 2012, 03:45 PM

Daniel Radcliffe was joined by actress Holliday Grainger to announce the nominees for the 2012 British Academy Film Awards. To see video of Radcliffe and Grainger announcing the nominees, see below:

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" was also nominated in four technical categories. They are:

• Production Design (Stuart Craig, Stephenie McMillan)
  • Make-Up & Hair (Amanda Knight, Lisa Tomblin)
  • Sound (James Mather, Stuart Wilson, Stuart Hilliker, Mike Dowson, Adam Scrivener)
  • Special Visual Effects (Tim Burke, John Richardson, Greg Butler, David Vickery)
Radcliffe spoke to several news outlets following the nominations announcement and talked about his favorite films of the year, as well as Gary Oldman's (Sirius Black) nomination for Lead Actor in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy."

BBC News
ITN Showbiz News
Absolute Radio

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Hermione_-_poa_thumb

Coolness! And first!!!

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on January 17, 2012, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

I love the BAFTAs! Congrats to Part 2, but I’m disapointed there arent any noms for any of the actors. And it doesnt say WHEN the BAFTAs are! We need to know little details like this.

Posted by LunaLuver on January 17, 2012, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

@LunaLuver: It will be on Febr.12
I’ll be watching, if I can. Stephen Fry is great! I also love his version of the HP audio books.

Posted by Tarana on January 17, 2012, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

This is such a horrible shame! Bafta doesn’t even nominated HP?! Alan you win the Bafta and the Oscar from us.Daniel you win for best actor.Steve Kloves you win for writing.3 David’s you win for the whole series including Chris Columbus.So there.The muggles may be controlling the awards, but the harry world know you are the best!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on January 17, 2012, 09:29 PM report to moderator

Haha, I like her last name! “Grainger!” xDD CONGRATS! I want them to win so bad! And if all you fellow Potterheads could do Daniel Radcliffe and the last Harry Potter film a favor and vote at http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/awards/2012-guy-of-the-year.php for every award they’re up against! Please vote multiple times and notify others too, we shall beat those sparkly vampires. :D

Posted by . on January 17, 2012, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I want to see some winners!

Posted by Won_Two on January 17, 2012, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

@Tarana: Thank so much! I couldnt seem to find the date anywhere. Love your avvie btw. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on January 18, 2012, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

Disappointed that Alan Rickman was not nominated, but I am really hoping that Stuart Craig and the design team finally gets their due.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on January 18, 2012, 03:15 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

I’m dissapointed some of the best actors weren’t nominated but glad the special effects was. They definately deserve the fisrt two, the make-up was soo good, every time I watch the film I go on about how great they look (especially the goblins). :)

Posted by Grindylow_101 on January 18, 2012, 10:55 AM report to moderator

At least they were nominated in some catigories which is probably better than they will fair at the Oscars. Really, really pulling for Stuart Craig every thing he has done is out of the world great!!!!! The Potter franchise would not be the same without him.

Posted by hewy on January 18, 2012, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

that’s cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 19, 2012, 05:53 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I never thought they’d be nominated in the actor categories anyway. COME ON STUART CRAIG! I’ve been rooting for him all along and he was such a nice humble man when I met him

Posted by KiwiMcI on January 19, 2012, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I can’t believe the movie itself didn’t get any nominations! I really hope everything DH pt 2 is nominated for wins. Everyone deserves it.

Posted by silverkacy on January 20, 2012, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

nevermind. the movie did get other nominations. sorry for worrying y’all

Posted by silverkacy on January 20, 2012, 04:34 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Daniel sounded nice and clear. It’s nice to hear his voice. He looked great in his suit.

Posted by molly43 on January 21, 2012, 02:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I [i]told[/i] you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of -- of scarlet woman!"[br]Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. [i]"Scarlet woman?"[/i] she repeated, shaking with suppressed giggles as she looked