Video: Helen McCrory on Filming Malfoy Manor for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 10, 2009, 08:25 AM

There is a new video interview online with actress Helen McCrory where she speaks to her role as Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter films. In the interview recorded a few days ago in London, she says that she is due back next few weeks to begin filming scenes for Malfoy Manor in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, noting the set and the high level of quality WB is bringing to these films. You can also see a very short interview with Jason Isaacs who also says he is due back to film those scenes as Lucius at home in the Manor, and speaks highly of Helen McRory as well.

Thanks so much to RupertGrint.us!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Cool can’t wait to see her in HBP and DH.

Posted by wilson84 on July 10, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

I can’t wait to see her performance in Half-blood Prince.

Posted by sakuranbo07 on July 10, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I dont know much about her but I hope shes great in DH! HBP AS WELL:].

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 10, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

I have to say this isn’t really what I pictured Narcissa to look like. I guess I expected her to be platinum blond like lucius. I also thought she would be much younger to. No offense to Helen.

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on July 10, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Awesome! I love the way she said they’d be pulling out all the stops and that it should be spectacular, she looked so excited. I really like Helen McCrory and I’m so annoyed I never seen her. I seen Damien Lewis, even have a video of him falling on the stairs and waving at all the fans who cheered at him. Damn she obviously must have been close by, I just didn’t see her.
Oh and I’m not sure have we seen this clip before (I think its the 1st time I’ve seen it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztjjkau6Fsg

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 10, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Geiles_filmplakat_thumb

I don’t think she was the best cast they could have gotten. I don’t know what they will make her up to be or how good she can act the Narcissa, but just from looking at her I don’t think she fits to the Narcissa as I had pictured her to be.

Posted by leonix on July 10, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Weddingedwardandbella-560x384_thumb

Cool, exciting…can’t wait to see her in HBP

Posted by renaeofgryffindor on July 10, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Geiles_filmplakat_thumb

well from what I know they will give her platinum blonde hair and maybe even blue eyes. narcissa really can’t have brown hair and brown eyes. I would go demonstrate if she did.

Posted by leonix on July 10, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

KiwiMcl, DANG IT! I unknowingly clicked that link (I’ve resisted watching clips) and I didn’t realize until 10 seconds through that it’s from Half-Blood Prince. :-(

Oh well. At least I realized it quickly.

Anyway, the one great thing about Helen is that she’s really enthusiastic about her role. I like that.

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on July 10, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Oh sorry LargeBlondDeathEater! Ok maybe I should add: spoiler alert clip from HBP don’t click my link above if you’re in the avoiding clips camp

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 10, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

Awesome interview! It’s so close! I can’t wait!!!!

Posted by Lady of the Lake on July 10, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Cool… i am very intrigued to see her in action now!! xD

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on July 10, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I hope she plays the part well. She looks like she will. When shes in costume as Narcissa she looks exactly how she is described in the books except her hair isnt the same color as Draco’s and Lucius’s.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 10, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Photo_540_thumb

Can’t wait to see her performance in that scene.

Posted by FijiSunrise. on July 10, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Rita_thumb

I am glad to hear she is entusiastic about the part but I wish jason isaacs would have had some say in her look like he did for his because he nailed lucius. I always thought the fact that the malfoys looked so much alike was one of the reasons they ended up together, because they were so in love with themselves that when they met someone who looked like them they thought this person was attractive. Of course the other reason was they were pureblood…

Posted by Aurora Duv on July 10, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator

"I have no hesitation in saying that James would have been highly disappointed if his son had never found any of the secret passages out of the castle."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014